Listen to article
1. SSSCE Candidates
The applicants must have Pass (A-D) in three (3) core subjects including, English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) passes in relevant elective subjects; Engineering Science, Physic, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Engineering Drawing, Applied Electricity with an aggregate exceeding 24.
2. WASSCE Candidate
The applicants must have Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus here (3) relevant elective: Engineering Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Engineering Drawing, Applied Electronics with an aggregate not exceeding 36.
3. Applicants From Technical Institutes
Applicants from Technical Institutes with Passes in the Relevant Elective Courses:
Installation Technology and Regulation, Technical Drawing, Practical, Electrical and Electronic Principles and Core Courses in Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science and Social Studies Plus 3 months bridging programme in Physics and Elective Mathematics
4. GCE “A” Level Applicant
Five (5) “O” level Credits in English, Modern Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Add Mathematics, in addition to two (2) GCE “A” Level passes in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Modern Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and other science related subjects.
5. Technician Applicants
At least Part II and III Technicians Certificate Holders in EET or Radio & Television
Or Telecommunication Technician plus English, Mathematics and Science
Or EET II or Radio & Television Technician II or Telecommunication Technician II with passes in English, Mathematics & Science at the SSSCE/WASSCE level.
6. Teachers Certificate “A” Applicant
- Four-year Certificate “A” or three-year Post-Secondary Certificate in addition to any of the following;
- Four (4) GCE “O” Level credit passes including English, Mathematics and Technical Drawing plus any Science subject, or
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Passes including English and Mathematics with any of the following Elective: Mathematics, Physics Technical Drawing, Chemistry, and Applied Electricity and Applied Electronics
- Holders of Diploma in Education Certificate in Elective Mathematics, Physics Technical Drawing, Chemistry and Basic Electronics may also apply
7. Mature Applicant
Must be at least 25 years old at the time of submitting the Application and should have five (5) GCE (O) level/SSCE/WASCE passes in the relevant subject including English and Mathematics or Technician Part I Certificate.
Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience, and must pass a writing aptitude test in English Language, Mathematics and General knowledge conducted by the University.
8. Applicants with HND Certificates
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and its equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering field may be admitted to level 300 of the programme.
9. International Students
Foreign applicants who possess relevant qualifications in Engineering Programmes may be considered for admission