Click and let’s read it for you
Student’s governance over the years in our universities has always been a major Concern for student’s leaders and activist.
As much as leaders try to go by their manifesto promises, there will be some group of students challenging policies, budgets and in some cases the procurement process making their democratic rights.
In recent times, Koforidua Technical University campus is being littered with papers with inscriptions which suggest the SRC Procurement Officer Godwin Elorm Ahiaku is into an agreement with a company to supply SRC souvenirs. It is also alleged he called to instruct the supplier to quote an amount and added his percentage.
The DeInsider.com has received a press statement from the office of the KTU SRC Procurement Officer expressing worries how some group of persons can gang up to perpetuate the evil of spewing falsehood against his person.
“I am a gentleman of integrity and dignity and under no circumstance will I do anything to derail that” – Godwin.
Below is the full statement
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
28TH JANUARY, 2020
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.
It’s surprising how some group of persons can gang up to perpetuate the evil of spewing falsehood to score cheap points against an amiable fellow. Let us pay keen attention to the following;
- SRC together with the SRC Procurement Committee commenced processes towards the procurement of the various SRC souvenirs in October 2019.
- At the evaluation stage of the procurement process, there was a directive from the then Dean of Student’s Affairs Mr Samuel Ayittah that the Procurement Process be suspended because Council through management has directed that all SRC Procurement activities should be carried out under the supervision of management of the school and the information was given to two past administrations to be carried on unto ensuing SRC administrations.
- As I type this statement this date, management is undertaking all activities towards the procurement of the SRC souvenirs in consultation with the SRC.
- I Godwin Elorm Ahiaku is not aware of any company by name “VENMARK CO. LTD” and as such have not gone into any agreement with the said company to the tune of the speculated amount. As such, I dare anyone with evidence to come and prove otherwise.
- I Godwin Elorm Ahiaku has not called to instruct any supplier to quote any amount neither did I tell anyone to add any amount to any item in my interest. I challenge anyone with evidence to come out and prove otherwise.
- I Godwin Elorm Ahiaku have not peddled lies or falsehood against the SRC President neither can I rationally fathom how that can be connected to the procurement of the SRC Souvenirs.
- I believe the so-called ‘Concerned student’ if he doesn’t have any conflicting interest could have done better by reporting a matter of this magnitude to the appropriate quarters for it to be dealt with rather than making campus untidy with the papers he came throwing around.
- I again believe this is more of a personal attack and name tarnishing rather than helping put a solution to a ‘problem’.
- I have spoken with my lawyer and the matter has been reported to the police. Investigations will soon commence bringing the evildoers to book. We have laws in the country. I will forever avail myself to be dealt with if I go contrary to the law or am involved in any activity that incriminates me.
- I am a gentleman of integrity and dignity and under no circumstance will I do anything to derail that.