Listen to article
As part of government’s efforts to effect good governance to the people of the country and to showcase the Assembly’s incredible performance over the the past years under the Akufo-Addo NPP government, I Hon. Isaac Appaw-Gyasi, the Municipal Chief Executive of New Juaben South Municipal Assembly on Friday, 25th October, 2019 engaged the media to articulate the true state of the Municipality ; our achievements, challenges and the way forward.
The program also offered me the opportunity to expound the implementation of Government Flagship Programs and other social interventions policies and to outdoor the Annual Action Plan of the Assembly.
I was particularly thrilled to speak on the upcoming District Assembly Election and the Referendum which will give birth to the election of MMDCEs as one of the major campaign promises of the NPP in the 2016 election campaign.
Ghanaians populace, for that matter the people of New Juaben South (Koforidua) should actively participate in the election and the Referendum and vote a massive “YES” in other to amend the entrenched clause which used to be the appointment of MMDCEs and to improve governance at the local level and deepen democracy.
Our success story as a Municipality has been unprecedented since the insertion of this government. My predecessor and I have been able to within 3 years embarked on massive infrastructural development such as
– building of the Adweso Clinic
– Simpoamiensa School block
– St. Agnes Basic School block
– Nana Kwaku Boateng School Block
– 18 Seater toilet facility
– Central Market Facility
– Simpoamiensa School Toilet
– Adweso Maternity Home
– Central Market Butchery
– Ho station and stores
We have also…
– Handed over 1000 school desks to the Municipal Education Directorate for onward distribution to schools
– Embarked on massive Clean Up Exercises
– Fixed over 1000 street lights
– Distributed 54 Motorbikes to Assembly Members
– Asphalt some of the major roads
– Dredging of the Nsukwao Stream
– And a number of ongoing road projects including the Adweso Mile 50 Dual Carriage road.
On 20th June, 2019, items and cash were distributed to People With Disabilities (PWDs) to make them more self-sufficient and improve their standard of living. 33 PWDs benefited in all of which 23 receiving cash prizes ranging from GHS 1000 – GHS 3000, 3 people received deep freezers, 5 received complete 10 plate containers, 1 benefitted from Nursing Training College fees and another Teacher Training College fees.
In the area of
Livelyhood Empowermet Against Poverty (LEAP), a total allocation of GHS 64,936 has been given to 731 households
The Assembly has taken drastic measures to strengthen the Internal Revenue Mobilization. These initiative include ;
– General sensitization of the public through radio announcement and the use of the information Van.
– Face to face consultation with business owners
– Equipping and strengthening of field staff
– incentive packages for hardworking collectors
To boost economic activities in the Municipality, the Assembly will in no time start the construction of a Modern Market to replace the 1928.
There is also an ongoing construction of another modern market in Koforidua Zongo. This will help ease the pressure on the streets by eliminate hawkers who sell at unauthorized locations.
I urged the people to show appreciation to Prez Akufo-Addo and his government for the good work by voting for this government in the forthcoming general election.
This Meet- the – Press encounter has been so fructuous and insightful. I look forward for further engagements with the media and the general public to ensuring a cordial working atmosphere.
Long live Ghana and Long live New Juaben South Municipal Assembly!!!