The SRCAwards committee headed by His Excellency Daniel Osei Agyei wish to inform the student body about some discrepancies in the just ended Awards of which the Committee has no idea of.
Before the awards results were handed over to Lumen Entertainment the committee had monitored the polls from day one to the close of polls and have printed a copy showing votes caste by students and the appropriate winners.
But to the surprise of the committee that night the following Awards which were supposed to go to the following people went to this people rather:
- Most popular student: won by MacLutterodt Tawiah was given to James Oduro Agyeman
- Event crew of the year won by Ticket to Rider was given to OwTwo crew
- Sport personality which was an honoring awards which was decided by both the committee and Lumen entertainment to be given to Kekeli Oppong and Daniel Dakwahene(Di Maria) or either of them was given to Lord Nortey instead.
- Entrepreneur of the year was between Fabian Baah and Richard Kyere so the committee with Lumen decided that the one’s whose company is registered shall win the awards and per the committee’s investigation Richard’s company isn’t registered so automatically Fabian should have won but Richard was given the award instead.
- Student MC was never table for discussion for honouring and also didn’t appear on the voting list which means students never voted for that category neither did the committee had any discussion with Lumen on that but to our surprise too Emmanuel Kwame Appiah was given that awards which to the committee should be scraped out since Lumen alone can’t take that decision without involving the SRC
The committee is also assuring students that we shall work hard to make sure these things are corrects so awards be given to the rightful owners.
Once again the committee has no hands in the discrepancies of the Awards results.
Lewu Sandra Teiko
Daniel Osei Agyei
+233 54 966 9836