I write to commend the leadership of this noble institution for putting up such a standardized electronic library, under the auspices of the immediate past president of SRC Mr. Gabriel Mensah and with support from MTN Foundation. Electronic library is a user friendly and general reference tool that delivers large collection of periodical and digital media content designed to support every range of users including lecturers and students. The E-library will facilitate research, gathering of information, and help us to prepare properly for lectures. Today the availability of an electronic library in our institution makes us unique among other technical universities in the country but its proper and maximum usage is the matter of discussion.
Benefit to The Institution/Students.
Everyone in respect to their course of study has diverse benefit they derived from the electronic library, but generally the following are some of the importance:
- Research purposes.
- News and information.
- Result checking and registration.
- Online tutorial and books access.
- Assist in assignment through the internet.
- Wireless network for mobile phones. etc.
- Rises the level of KTU among others.
Safety Precautions/Dos and Don’ts
Despite it numerous advantage, the electronic library comes with its own acceptable behavior and safety measures to make the use safe.
- Beware of repetitive strain injuries
- No eating/fighting/noise making.
- Handle equipment with care.
- Do not insect pen drives without seeking permission.
- Photographs and recording are not allowed in the premises
- Non-educational and entertainment stuffs are not allowed
We must make sure that we maintain the main purposes of the facility and shouldn’t use it for things that are non-educational.
To the management of the e-library and SRC, I would like to suggest the following recommendations;
- Librarian should spontaneously inspect IDs to ensure that only staffs and students use the facility
- Provision of cabinet in the e-library to promote security of students’ bags.
- Rules and regulations chart must be pasted at a visible location.
- I would recommend that, they should allow group research in the new electronic library.
- High security to ensure that non-student and staff do not access in disguise.
Long Live Ktu.
Hans Ekow Botchway.
Hnd Accountancy, Level200