Humility is the virtue by which a man knowing himself as he truly is, abases himself. NB: Abase (lower your rank, prestige, Office etc)
Jesus is the epitome of humility and he shows where humility leads…. Glory. We see a King riding on a donkey but receiving glory. Prayer is Humility before God.
WAYS TO SHOW HUMILITY
1. Jesus knew Himself and we must also know ourselves. Jesus was God and he know that yet he abased himself. We know ourselves, when we know our weakness and strength. Peter did not consider his weakness so he fell.
2. Submissiveness to God and Authority. Submissiveness also has to do with Obedience – submitting your will to the will of God. Sometimes the will of God can be certain difficult (even after angels comforted him, he was still in anguish. No body wants to be under authority, everybody wants to be the head. Jesus was God yet he submitted to Pilate and Herod (because that authority came from God). Desire not to be under authority is what led Adam and Eve to sin and the Prodigal Son to leave. Students/Lecturers, Boss/subordinate, Husband/wife be submissive.
3. Be careful when you are successful or lifted up or promoted. Jesus teaches teaches us His disciples to humble ourselves before God and people and not to identify yourself with titles.
4. Never forget where God has brought you from. You are dust and to dust you shall return. You are a nobody before God. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
5. Humiliation is necessary for Humility: Nobody wants to be embarrassed or humiliated but there also lies the virtue of Humility – Jesus was humiliated even to the point of death.
Practice simplicity, do menial jobs, jobs that may be lower than you and never be ashamed. Pray for the virtue of Humility.
Share with me below your experience about Humility and what you go through .Share this:👇